Sunday, April 9, 2017

Nashville and Natchez Trace

Went to REI last week with Amanda to check out tents for her and to pick up a few things I decided I needed for the AT trip coming up.  I got some gear, but more importantly, I found dark chocolate cheesecake from Backpackers Pantry.  I have not tried it yet, but I am already bummed I only bought one.  What was I thinking?  At least it's a 2 serving pack.

While at the store, Gina popped out of the kayaks looking stoned.  I had not invited her because she had just gotten in from driving to freaking Canada something like 5 hours earlier.  But there she was, haunting the REI 2 hours away. Crazy!

She left to (literally) crawl into some shade and nap and Amanda and I headed to Farm Burger for lunch, which was the right call because their veggie burger is made with black eyed peas.

After, we went for a hike at Werner then I got the bright idea to take the Natchez Trace back to Florence, except it's closed at Columbia, so we had to re-detour back to 65.


larkspur

















This is Sir GoodKnight.  He has stood in Ben's window since the day we moved in.  :)
He was part of a 'knight light' but the boys broke him off nearly instantly. The light got put in the hall bathroom and Sir GK moved to the windowsill.  We moved him to the higher pane in hopes that he will keep that crazy bird from flying into the window!

I'll do my best!