Sunday, September 2, 2018

Fixing Owies

I have had various impinged nerves from injury and repetitive use...like holding a phone.  Insane. 
But it's serious pain, life altering because of fear of making it worse or just setting it off again. 
Most recently, the pain has been in my shoulder and upper arm, a combination of phone over use and exercise. 
I've addressed both issues, but the pain didn't go away after a week or two of rest. So I've added in nerve flossing exercises to help get things back to normal. 
Note how I have not yammered about kayaking in a while?  That's because I have not been in 6 weeks!   Kurt and Katy brought a kayak for me to use the last time I was out, and loaded and unloaded it right down to putting it in the water for me.  I just had to paddle, which thankfully isn't affected. It was a nice touring kayak, now I want one.  It tracked like it was on a rail.
I'm getting off topic.
My point is, check out nerve flossing for persistent pain or numbness, especially if you have injured yourself in some way. 
So many people I talk to have never heard of it before, I wanted to post something here so all three of my readers could be informed.  Hahaha!  I have no idea how many people read this actually, but if it helps even one, I'm happy.