Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ears a Story for Ya

Benner has swimmers ear. We went to the doc today and he gave us the prescription for drops to knock it out. I went and got it filled at Wal-Mart since I needed breakfast foods anyway. They did not file with my insurance company because I did not have a prescription card-something I have not needed the other...3-4 times we have needed a prescription in the last year or so. I have never used the WM Pharmacy before.

When I said I wanted the prescription back to go to my usual pharmacy, I was told they had shredded it. I said I would just call and have the doc call in the prescription at my pharmacy. I realized it would be tomorrow before I could pick it up due to the late hour and Ben was in a lot of pain.

So, I paid full price for it, which was $2.64 more than it would have been with co-pay, or $22.64. I still am not happy about it and will not be using Wal-Mart Pharmacy again. But that's not the annoying part...


We got home and opened it for his first dose and I discovered this:




No, not 2 bottles, the one on the left is Ben's prescription for swimmers ear.
The one on the right is Jessie-the dog's-prescription for HER ear funk earlier this year.

The price for Ben- $20 office visit co-pay and $22.64 for the meds.
The price for Jess-$10 office visit and $5 for the meds.

I am not sure what the moral of the story is, but I do know what to do next time one of the kids get swimmers ear!