Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Madness

Yesterday, I had a minor mental snap during which I decided I wanted another baby.  I am in recovery now and throwing myself into the only other thing I can think of that would cost thousands of dollars and bring me the near-comparable joy and exhaustion of a baby: Disney World.

Look!  I got a Disney countdown timer!  LMAO.  There's one on my phone as well, assuring me it's only 885 days till our next vacation!  I think I'd be in jail less time for writing bad checks.

So, that's February 1, 2020, which is approximate.  We are going for 2 weeks and planning to be in the parks 10 days of that.  Last time, we were there 2 weeks and in the parks for 8 days of that but we had water park passes as well, which I think we are skipping this time. Only one water park is open at a time in February and it could be chilly!  Plus, without Disney Quest, there's not as much pull to get the 'and more' add on.  We sure won't be using it for sports related stuff.  Zzzzzzz

Have I watched the 2017 planning videos?  Yes, yes I have.  Do I have my fast pass list made yet? Yes.  Do I know what color magic band I will be ordering?  Of course.  AAA says I can't book until June 2019 because they won't have the 2020 pricing before then.  I say pshaw.  They will know by the end of next year.

Matt is already being a party pooper saying the kids won't be able to take off work for 2 weeks, but none of them currently even have a job.  Jake finally got fed up enough to turn in his notice.  He processed out last week.  He and Chan have been filling out applications, but no luck yet.  He's been looking at renting an apartment with a friend of his and that friend just unexpectedly inherited a small house on the backside of nowhere-it's seriously further away from civilization than we are.  I don't know where that puts Jake, perhaps moving out sooner than I envisioned.  Or perhaps not at all-I guess it will depend on if there's internet access.

I don't think getting 2 weeks off 2 and a half years from now is our more pressing issue, to be honest.

So much will change in that amount of time and it will pass so much more quickly than will seem possible.