Monday, September 21, 2009

Another Day

It has rained and rained and rained the last 3 weeks. I am about tired of it now, I am ready to go outside and do things and I am ready to get some pictures that don't involve some form of damp. I told Matt if it rains like this on our trip, I am turning around and come right back home. I can't even get the camper set up long enough to finish packing, let alone long enough to spray and seal and let it dry for 48 hours. Storms through the weekend. Maybe next Monday and Tuesday...since we leave on Wednesday, I hope that will be a workable plan.

Matt had practice twice this week and a gig this weekend. We came up with new words this weekend. 2 practices in a week is practi. When you are comfortable and then get uncomfortable and have to shift around, you are getting recomfortable. Also, someone who drives really close you your rear bumper is a tailgator.

I still have a list of stuff to buy and stuff to do. The trip is starting to take on a life of its own. I remember my father getting packed for a week's vacation. He put 2 changes of clothes into a brown paper bag along with a razor and shaving cream and his toothbrush and deodorant. Sometimes, he skipped the razor.


I am having fun with my new website, looking forward to getting that going. Updated the previous trips at roamschool last week. Marking stuff off my lists. Watching Buffy with Jake-the movie, not the series. It's pretty awful, I may have to counteract it with Serenity or something. I can't believe Joss wrote something we don't love. Pee Wee Herman as a vampire?