Monday, May 10, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays

Today is the day that Chandler and I are the same height.  Soon, she will loom over me like Jake does and then Ben will outgrow me as well.  *sigh*


Anyway, here is Goliath, I mean Chandler, making Frank Lloyd Wright's favorite breakfast scone.  She actually showed me the mixture of dry ingredients and told me what they were so I would 'know what's in the little pre-mixed packages I like to make'.  I am just glad she is old enough to get some pioneer skills because I have failed her since she was about 4 and realized I did not actually MAKE anything.





These are a nice, basic mix and then you can dip the cooked muffins into a mixture of melted butter and then roll them in sugar and cinnamon for more flavor.



They were quite good!
The next day, she doubled the batch and I got muffins in bed for Mother's Day!  She put applesauce in the second batch.



We re-purposed a corner of the living room into our nature study area
So far, it's been a huge hit, the kids are spending about as much time collecting bugs and looking them up as they are playing on their DS...es. DS's?



SUNDAY:

We went to the JSU frog pond for Mother's Day.  Yes, it was what I wanted to do.  It's ME.
We stopped at Gadsden at the playground and spun on this thing.
I am surprised it's still in operation, it's totally dangerous!  We loved it, we spun and screamed for half an hour, then wobbled back to the van.





Here I am doing a self-portrait at the frog pond!


On the way back through Gadsden, we stopped at took a picture of the bridge because when I lived in Gadsden, I loved going to the river walk, but I did not own a camera.
They added fountains since that time, so I took a picture of them, too.


They go off right at 9, so if you are taking pictures and your battery dies and you stop to change it at 8:59, you won't get a chance to take another picture.