Friday, May 28, 2010

Thirteen!

How shocked was I when I hopped on the scales today-first time since before the camping trip-and saw I had dropped a couple more pounds!?  Excited enough to use double punctuation.

Who knew all that blood loss on the trip due to skeeter hordes was going to come in handy.  I do know that when a person my size starts feeling lightheaded from blood loss, it's time to rethink warm weather camping.

Luckily, the less-thrilling memories are fading, I can only recall peals of laughter, the warmth of fire and friends and the yummy food.  And of course all the animals other than the blood-sucking kind.  It really was an animal-heavy trip, I can't recall ever seeing THAT many critters before.  If Ben will ever heal from his latest poison oak infestation, I will have nothing but fond memories left.  : )  It's the same amnesia that makes me want to have more babies and get back on a ride that JUST scared the beejeebers right out of me.