Saturday, September 17, 2011

Feeling Fine

I am so glad to be home, I really enjoyed my time off, but here is where my heart really is.  I love being the mama and the wife.  It feels so funny to say that, Matt and I were just talking today about how I had such different plans at one point and how we never would have married if not for Jake and how that turned out to be the best thing ever, for both of us.  I am totally content to be who and where I am right now.  It helps that I have hands-down the BEST kids in the Universe.  I know other moms who feel the same way, so maybe I SHOULD say 'some of the best kids' but I am feeling biased.  ; )  Go be happy for yourself.  LOL!

Jake got his braces off this week and Ben got an all-clear from the dentist.  That's all 5 of us, cavity free again!  Goooooo Good Brushing Habits!

It's been a good week, lots of walking and planning and chatting with the family.  Today we planned some house repairs, but barely got started thanks to having to go pick up things.  I think we are set to get some stuff done in the morning, though.  We have a couple window sills that need some new wood, and of course the house still isn't painted all the way around...we did mow at least!  That list, mark one thing off and two more pop up.  I am almost afraid to jinx us by saying what's been done or what's next because sure as I do, something ELSE will come along and jump the queue! 

I am not enjoying the cooler days, I am glad it's not as hot and I am glad to have the AC off for a few days to save on the bill for this month, but it only means that winter is approaching.  *sigh*  I am sure I will have more to say about THAT.

In other news, I am finding myself uninterested in taking pictures of late.  Matt printed his pics for the fair today and I did not even have a twinge of 'shoulda' about it.  Don't care about the fair, don't want to pick up my camera.  I don't feel depressed...I think I may be...done.  I went to a photo show in Huntsville the other day and nothing there was new-I could have taken any of the shots.  Even when I screw up a shot, I know EXACTLY what I did.  I don't really have anywhere else to go-not that I can't improve or still learn-I just don't have the money to sink into it and I have topped out with what I have.  Lovely snapshots.  A middling amateur.  I don't want to sell my work or rent my time.  I am too selfish yet.  So here I am-topped out and no real interest in going further.  Maybe I just took too many shots last week. 

Anyway, just checking in.  I am BACK to my previous low weight, so now I just have 8 pounds to go to my goal weight.  I am glad about that!  I hope it keeps coming off this time.  I'd like to never see certain numbers again!  The only additions I have made since my last update when I had not lost a pound is that I am taking kelp for my thyroid and I have been eating avocado 3+ times a week.  My next goal is getting rid of caffeine.  *sigh*  I am not an addict, but I DO like energy drinks now and then and chocolate is good.  And Diet Dr. Pepper.  I know they make caffeine free sodas, but they don't stock them out here in the boonies, so I would have to drive to town to get soda.  That seems borderline insane if I did that.  So...Sprite Zero and I will become acquainted for when I want fizzy drink.  Though Sprite always conjures feelings of stomach flu and colds, as that was the only time I had it while growing up.