Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Golden Hour

The girls were agreeable to playing around in the pasture while the sun was at a good angle for taking shots.
We had no plan in mind, which put us in a bad position as far as making the time count.  Matt came along and I think his shots are better because they are so much more relaxed and candid.  The girls and I were at odds, not in a bad way, just could not really come up with a good idea beyond, 'let's go take some photos!'
Next time, I will at least bring along a pose guide or look at some shots first so we are all on the same page and not playing the, "I dunno, what do you want to do?" game.

One good thing came of the whole thing, I got to play with my new Holga filters!
And, honestly, it's never wasted time with these two.  They just photograph so well.





Jessie is a little camera shy...

Kuma is SOOOO happy!  It was one of his best days ever with the family in the pasture.  






































Our Benny came wandering out.  He's SO handsome, even if I am a little biased, I am not wrong... 

There's a good bit of emotion between these two over how Ben has gotten taller.
They both refer to her as his little sister now.
I don't think she's fully forgiven him yet, though he's only just turned 14-chances are he will grow another few inches.


Best brother ever, 100% recommended! 
Not a bad way to spend the first day of the new year, never hurts to learn a little more and get a little better at a hobby.  Now I am off to brush up on more hobby skills!  Reading!  :)

Happy New Year!