Wednesday, January 15, 2014

mid-week

With the Chinese New Year coming up at the end of the month, I made a big list of daily things on Monday to clean or organize to be all ready to make a fresh start, starting today.  Then I got up today and looked at the first thing, then called the garage and drove to town at 7 a.m. to have them listen to this noise the van has been making, I swear, for THREE YEARS and yesterday it was much louder.  Like 'I am breaking!' loud.  Today-no noise at all.  It sounds like a belt slipping/gargling noise when I crank it.  Think 'very tiny elephant' that yesterday became medium elephant.
Today, nothing.  Not even in the cold, which usually makes stuff like that worse.

So, I came home and looked at my list again and decided to play with the macro lens on my Holga turret.
This is Stephanie's 'Hibiscus Kiss' blend.






Then I chatted with Gina for 2 hours.  Now the kids are up doing math (they have all done another 10% of the Khan Academy website just in the last week-it's a math roll around here.) and I feel the pressure to be a Good Example and get off here and Accomplish Something.  Maybe I should make a list...