Sunday, March 25, 2018

Honeycomb!

Met up with Katy, Amanda, and Sarah and walked at Wheeler Saturday for 1.1 miles of sheer chat.  hahaha!  

Matt and I attempt a smoochy pic with limited success.
He's all round head and I am that shaggy, shorter bit.

Also saw some basking snakes



The Tennessee River is a pollen bog



Sunday, we wanted a good long hike, so we met up with Sarah at the Honeycomb Trail and the teen boys all went, too.


My favorite section, I call it Fern Gully.  Because I lack imagination.


It's a small valley filled with ferns!

This was my 5th thru of the trail and I still have hill amnesia.



Alex, Beckett, Matt, Sarah, Elan, and Ben is that khaki leg just behind E

This is, I believe, Devil's cup


We found the remainder of the car in the pic above.
Sarah is backseat driving.


New stuff blooming!
Fire pink and wood sorrel (oxalis)



The hike, along the exact route I always take, was only 7.9 miles today.
I have decided I am going to hike it 10 times and take an average because every time varies by as much as a mile, same phone and app!