Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Nearly Did It

I am trying to walk 50 miles a month, 12 miles a week.  This morning, I had 4 miles to go, so we headed out to hike.



Surprise Jake!






Caney Falls, even with extra wandering around, only netted me 3.2 miles.

Elan headed home and I took the boys to the cedar glade to see if anything was blooming yet.
In case you have not ever read anything I have written: Karst topography is my favorite.  Followed by salt marsh.
So I really like that we have a large, intact glade in Alabama



False garlic


Leavenworthia
or
Long Style Gladecress


Deer also use the trail.
Jake and I were pretending to be deer who were pissed/alarmed at how muddy the ground was.


MANY dead cedar trees...



sedge grass


Some storm clouds



Yeah.  I think that will keep everyone out!



Waxy buttercup


Vinca (it was very windy)


Spring cress


Blue eyed grass

This stroll ahead of the rain got me .578 miles.  So I am currently .222 miles from finishing my 50 miles in March.