Friday, July 24, 2009

The Day Before

Up early to play...er, pack.
And test my camera!
Bokeh, bokeh!



The mythical and elusive FULL PAYCHECK.
I will never take base pay for granted again.


Green Day
So, I woke up with Matt-not on purpose but because he was so loud.
I decided to get some shots of the sunrise, but every time I do this, I forget that the sun rises behind a wall of pine trees and to see it before it's been up for half an hour requires putting on shoes and heading down the road a ways. So, I took pictures of other things, including my bed lights and the first full paycheck since January.
I have some vague plans to get packed today and maybe run a couple errands. Ben in particular has suffered a recent growth spurt and needs some clothes that fit. I would like a pair of shoes that magically cure the plantar fasciitis I have developed this year. I also, for the record, want a pony.
The weather for the trip is looking like sheer crap-t-storms daily after only 2 days of rain all month so far. I hope it will not affect the trip too much, I don't mind camping in the rain, but I don't like hiking to the bathhouse at 2 a.m. in the rain.
Link to the website blog about our trip! I can create pages offline and upload when I have a connection, it's easier to do en route than blogger.