Thursday, July 30, 2009

Home

We are home and safe, the trip went well despite a couple set-backs. It could have been MUCH worse. And it's Thursday and the mail has run and still no ticket from Ulcer Cop. I don't expect one now, just updating.

I have asked the kids what their favorite part of the trip was, Matt's was sitting in the water at the Ocoee River. Jake's was the river as well, Ben liked the aquarium. That child LOVES a turtle and he sure got his fill yesterday, plus, they had penguins. Chandler hated the whole thing so much, she is considering putting herself up for adoption in hopes of getting a better family.

I liked the mountains and of course playing in the river. I have always liked the aquarium and I am glad we stopped in. It was fun camping with our friends, but we were so scattered out in the campground that it lost the fun 'hanging out' feel that running back and forth between campers has. We did not sit around at night and chat or eat meals together, just the taco salad the first night and I was still too full to eat then.

Mostly, I am glad to be home, glad the critters were fine without us, glad the house is still standing and all our stuff is still inside. I am ready to be home for a while.

Here is the link to the trip log and pics: http://roamschool.com/camping/trips/0709/ngtrip01.html