Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday

The weekend zipped past me and yesterday is a blur! I have not taken pictures of Jacki's visit despite stern self-reminders that I NEED to get on that.

Saturday, I got yelled at by a police officer, and since then I have been dreading the promised 'ticket in the mail'. In my defense, it was just after a wreck and there was no one directing traffic. I moved the van out of the way of an on-coming truck and horse trailer that was forced into my lane because the animal control truck had just parked in her lane. I pulled onto the side of the road, following the 2 trucks in front of me that had just skirted the wreck via the area between the road and the ditch. In doing so, I attracted the attention of the officer who signaled for me to stop-from across the road and he was nearly level with the back door-Matt saw him, I never would have. He was wearing a white shirt, black pants and sunglasses, I thought he was EMT. I stopped, he disappeared, a fire truck came in and parked, I pulled on past to get out of the way, thinking that was why he wanted me to stop-to accommodate the fire truck and he got another guy to stop me, he came down and got my license number and yelled I had just rolled though his crime scene, I would get a UTC within the week. He never let me say a single word, just turned and left.

So, I did totally disobey an officer-albeit not on purpose and his signals and intent were VERY unclear. And I followed people in trucks around a wreck, which looking back on was not bright. But, if I stayed on the road, the cattle truck would have hit me. So, I guess a ticket is cheaper in the long run than a wrecked vehicle! And I imagine he would have yelled at me for sitting there and getting myself hit, so I could not have avoided it either way-he was very stressed about the wreck and it was a bad one. Plus, it's Tuesday and the ticket is not here yet...maybe he will relent, it was pretty minor in light of the rest of his day.

Needless to say, that colored Saturday evening and Sunday and yesterday-though yesterday I got the good news that the transmission is not going out, it was an oil leak from the oil filter not being seated correctly. Now, I have a deep disrespect for a certain family member who told me flat out that the transmission was too far gone to fix, it had to be replaced. And it was the OIL leaking...and this man has a shop on 6th Ave in Decatur, so just be aware. My beloved mechanic says maybe he likes women so much he just tries to screw them any way possible. I say, EW.

Today, we are going to Cullman to shop for goodies for Jacki's kids. And to get tea, my stomach is NOT a happy place at the moment. I blame the spicy burritos last night on top of the ulcer the Arab cop gave me.

I vow to take more pictures!