Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Flurr!

When I was a kid, I lived with my Daddy after the divorce and he would say, "Did you sweep the flurr?" He was capable of saying 'floor', but chore-related, it was flurr. Daddy has a dual vocabulary for many things. He is actually quite smart, he has a degree in theology and one in entomology. Bugs don't have souls.
But that is not my point, my point is, I am redoing the kitchen floor and inside my head, it is the kitchen flurr. Here are the before shots:


And here are the 'between' shots:



There is a baseboard missing, it was easier to paint with it gone.



The plan now is to seal the base layer and then have friends over to paint designs on the floor and seal those. I can't decide between a big 'quilt' and individual patterns or a tree and everyone add leaves and birds and bugs to a branch or just let everyone paint whatever they want anywhere they want. Like a big mosaic/mural. That would be best, but I can't get everyone I know in the kitchen at once to paint in tandem, it would be very chaotic and things would be stepped in and on. So maybe the squares would be easier. I would be able to seal them off as they are finished.

It's a work in progress, the only kind I seem to have. : )