Friday, January 22, 2010

Another Friday

Can you believe I have not read or seen anything new this week?  Ack


Monday, we...I have no idea, it was too far back.
Tuesday, Jake and I headed out EARLY to get his braces.  We stopped at McDonald's because he loves the McGriddle combo, so I bought him one as a last meal kind of thing.  





That afternoon, everyone came over for pizza and our planning party/reading and writing group kick-off.
We planned out the whole year as far as group camping trips and such.
The girls got their new journals and started writing immediately.  Next meeting, they will share a favorite book to drum up interest in it being the group read for the month.

That night, we went to Heather's for MNO and watched Hairspray.
I guess watching it with other people helped, I actually laughed quite a bit-of course it could have been sugar rush-induced.





Wednesday, we laid low at home because the pain of the braces finally kicked in.  Jake's mouth was swollen and he could barely talk with that bite plate in his mouth.  Poor kid, I will be GLAD when that comes out.
We watched all three Matrix movies and Animatrix. 


Thursday, he felt some better.  We watched an episode of Angel and one of Buffy and did some minor school stuff, got the house all back in order.  Matt and I watched 3 more episodes of Lie to Me, I am loving that show!  



Today, we did some school, watched the rest of the disc of Angel, did our recycling and checked out the update on Animal Crossing-Tom Nook's store is now Nookway's!  5 furniture items, 2 types of carpet and wall paper, 4 flowers, 2 trees and 3 kinds of writing paper each day now.  All that along with the assorted tools and medicine for colds and bee stings.  Quite up-town.  I had my hair done in the city and now it's orange.  *sigh*  I guess 'safe' really is the only way to go in that game as far as hair color.


This weekend is shaping up to be fairly dull, Matt is riding his bike now and tomorrow he has a gig.  I don't like being a band widow, though I also don't mind that he plays.  It's one of those things that just does not have to make sense.

Sunday is the play try-outs.  Jake has such an impediment from the bite plate, he has had dreams that he is cast as a mushroom and told to stand silently in the background. : (



Keep your fingers crossed, Jake, Matt and Chan are all trying out for roles in Wizard of Oz!