Saturday, January 16, 2010

Winter Reprieve

I did more than play on the Wii this week.

Monday, we went to Huntsville with our friends.
Tuesday, Suzette came over for lunch and the afternoon.
Wednesday, Cathy came over after we got back from haircuts and stayed the afternoon.
Thursday...it was just Ben and me, Jake and Chan went home with Cathy.  Matt picked them up after work.
Friday, we went hiking with Heather and her boys!  Now I remember why I started setting aside one day a week to hang out with all of our available friends at once!
But, it was a nice reprieve from the recent rash of being home and freezing.  We could spare the week to goof off.

Here are some pics from Friday.





Ft. Bluff in Eva, overlooking the Florette valley



Heather and G, not near the edge!
Sweet Griffin wanted to clean up the trash on the trail.
We had to promise him a trail cleaning day.  : )



People have been enjoying the view for years!
I find it amusing about myself that names and dates carved into the rock is fascinating, but only if it's from earlier than the year I was born and other graffiti annoys the crap out of me.





Heather is pointing out where Daddy works.





Carson and Chandler spitting over the edge of the cliff.

I have no idea why my pics are so tiny, I am telling it to display in extra large.  Grrrr