Thursday, March 25, 2010

One-Fanged Vampires

Ben had a cherry hemangioma pop up on his neck recently.  By this week, it had taken on its own personality and I was afraid by next week, it would have an eyeball or something.  


I took him in to the doc this morning at 8:15 and by 9:15, it was in a bottle on the way to the lab!  


He has a tiny mark on his neck, which he claims is a one-fanged vampire attack and is trying to get me to allow him to stay up all night in honor of being a half-vamp.  All the glory, none of the side effects.  


It bled, of course, like a fiend and the cauterizing machine was not working today.  I was all kinds of excited to see that thing in action, had visions of running home and ordering one for myself.  Oh well.  Guess I'll just let them bleed until they are done-as usual.  I'd like to think with their advanced ages, the days of skinned knees and elbows are over.