Thursday, March 18, 2010

Twenty

I had these 20 pounds I wanted to blog about losing.  Then, they became 22.5 pounds and I wanted to never admit any of it.

My recent activity increase followed by my even more recent...purging has them down to 15 pounds.  Now it seems kind of dull to chat about.  Who doesn't want to drop 15 pounds?  Other than Heather, who does not have 15 pounds to spare.  Well, maybe if she shaved her head.  Karen is also really scrawny...hey, and Cathy.  hmmm.  Okay, who other than me really DOES want to drop 15 pounds.  I need to meet new people.

My plan as of yesterday was to simply never eat again.  This seemed a sure way to A. avoid further bouts of puking and B. that 22.5 pounds would be history, along with most of  my brain cells and a couple of organs before someone thought to force-feed me.  I think it's just a LITTLE counter-productive that your body digests organs BEFORE the stored fat if you stop feeding it.  WHY does it store the fat, then?

My plan of today-that was before the wretched cramps of digestion set in-was to eat dry crackers and drink protein drinks and fruit smoothies.  7 crackers later and my stomach is doing a polka and I can FEEL the progress of the crackers like a rock in my belly.  Maybe I should have stuck with the no food at all plan.  I just thought 'food groups'.  Dairy and protein-shakes.  Fruit and Veg...smoothies.  Grains?  Oh, whole wheat crackers!  Nauseated pregnant women snarf crackers!  How can I go wrong?  I can't even think about rice or pasta after puking them both so recently.  Luckily, I had Little Debbie cakes that day-I only eat them on Tuesday, so that's something to begin with-and now thinking of THEM makes me queasy, too.  yay!  That blue-hat girl is a temptress and I have no willpower on my own.  LOL

The only food I will really miss is mac and cheese-the good kind.  It's like looking around your house at ALL your stuff and trying to decide what you would pay to have shipped overseas.  Suddenly, not much has great value.  The furniture can all be replaced.  You can take the computer and camera easily enough.  Should you ship the photos or just get new ones printed from a disc?  You don't need any of those nic-nacs or decorations or 95% of your books.  As long as your stuff is still out there waiting, it's easy enough to do without for a long while.  I realize I CAN still have food, I just feel like a break.  Until I find out what is making me so sick, nothing tastes good enough to feel THIS bad.  Not even mac and cheese.

So, I will post every couple of weeks, see where I am with the 20 pounds.  Maybe some small level of accountability will motivate me more than just thinking about it has.