Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday stroll

or more like a hike!  What a great hike, I got back to the van sweaty and sore and feeling GREAT!  I needed that to stir my sluggy blood from the winter of fishing at Animal Crossing and sighing loudly over my Atlas and occasionally staring out teary-eyed at my poor lonely camper...


Anyhoo, loving the hike today!  New area, new falls, new everything.  It's hard to head down new trails when you are sure of the outcome with an old favorite, but I was ready to give it a shot.  Matt picked out 3 falls, but we only made it to the first hike, we were having so much fun exploring!  


I was loving the green-the moss, the tiny ferns, the grass.  I had the oddest compulsion to put the moss and the tree leaf buds in my mouth.  It just seemed like they would be delicious!  I told Matt I need some Green Goodness, if I can hide it from Ben, that is!


After the hike, we drove into Cullman and snagged some fresco bean burritos, which were really good, but freaked me out because they crunched!  LOL  I was sure I had gotten an old dried-out refried bean!  But no, that was some leafy thing.  After behaving so well with the fresco stuff, we got Chocolate Xtreme flurries.  That is the BEST thing I have had in a LONG time.  The chewy bits are what I love most.  We had a good guilty chuckle that the dessert was more than dinner and that after eating from the lite menu, we were hogging down ice cream studded with fudge chunks.

It was a great day, I have really been enjoying my hiking dates with Matt, though I was so invigorated after this hike, I think I chattered his ear right off!  



Two creeks meet, both have falls!  Hard to get a decent shot.




This is the larger falls, further downstream, from the top.



The view of the creek as we climb down the bluff














Matt found a geocache-which had 2 items that had been logged as 'lost' for nearly a year!  








Who says you can't surf in North Alabama?




Next time-nylon pants!
My shoes were pretty sad, too!