Friday, June 6, 2014

First Week of June

I have not done squat this week.  I wrote a while Monday, ran errands Tuesday and did my house stuff Wednesday. Yesterday it stormed, which was terrifying and today I met Suzette (you remember her?) and got to bring Emily and Zachary home with me for FOUR hours!  They are happily jabbering away in front of screens, Em and Chan are playing Ravenhearst and Ben and Zach are playing Minecraft.

I have been doing the 30 day ab challenge and as of yesterday (day 5) I thought seriously that I lost my bellybutton.  My whole middle is numb-when it's not screaming in pain.  I told Jake I am like my very own train wreck.  I can't believe how horribly out of shape I am, but I can't stop doing the challenge.  I am just THAT amazed every morning.  Yesterday I did a 40 second plank and sweat dripped off my face.  40 SECONDS.  Trainwreck.  I can't look away, the devastation is enthralling.

Here are a few photos from the past week.

Geocaching with Matt after dropping that Lackey Kid off with her mama.

Below are shots from the drive home.
I set the little camera to have a vignette.  I am sure I will figure out when to use them for real, but for now, enjoy the drama of the shots along the way.  Made dramatic by...vignetting!





I totally took this bloom off a tree that was not mine.  My magnolia is dead.  *sob*


On Tuesday, we went to the orthodontist.  Because...that's what we do.


Ben picked orange bands and instantly regretted it.  It looks like he's been eating Cheetos.
Too bad he will never get the chance to rectify it.  Them sons a bitches are coming OFF at the next visit!

We went to see the Lego Movie in 3-D at the discount theater and all give it thumbs up.  Very enjoyable!


Jake took these on the way home.




I took this one...at some point.  It's in Hartselle, I have always liked that the road goes off one way and the track another.

Below are various shots from after the storm.  There was another one this afternoon and we were on the road when it happened.  Things came at us, it was very disaster-movie, at one point we barely missed being flapped by a car lot banner!