Monday, October 12, 2015

Going...

I got an e-mail from my provider that roamschool.com has exceeded it's capacity and I need to upgrade plans.  That was pretty much my cue to take action.  So, as of today, I have begun the work of archiving the photos and by the end of next year, I will take down the site entirely. And in the meantime it will be streamlined to just have general information and leave nothing personal up.

As I began deleting photos from all of our adventures with friends and on our own over the previous 10 years, I was struck with how lucky we have been and amazed how difficult and sad just removing those files made me.  They are all safe on my slave drive and backed up on discs, but I had always thought if disaster struck and the house was gone, those memories were safe online forever.  But, it's time to let go.

I tend to 'cut what can be untied' because anger is easier than sadness.

Are you sure you want to delete the following files?  2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, field trips, vacations, wildflowers, birds, waterfalls, favorites, pets, animals, Disney06, Disney08, FL, banners

Yes..and No.

What a ride, you guys.  How many people we have met, how many adventures we have had!  How many days big and small, events and lunches, hikes, camping trips!  I loved it all.

Friends we still see all the time, friends we have not seen in years, friends we wish we could see more of.























I am so glad we don't know how much time we have.