Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Dinking Around, Solstice and Severe Weather

Today, while awaiting the severe weather, I spent some time making sure the cats (in the shed) had food and water and got their winter boxes all set up.  I think something happened to Wonder, she's not been coming up for food lately.  I haven't seen her in a couple of weeks.  :(

On the porch, I made sure Jess and Kuma stay dry in their new super cozy bed (it's HUGE!) by putting a tarp for a few days while it's so misty and blowy.

I dusted a while, pulled down webs, put up curtains, washed bedding, swept and vacuumed, washed the windows and scrubbed the bathrooms.  Then it was time to do nothing!

Then I got bored and started playing with photo effects as seen below:









I am easily amused!!

In other news, no tornado ate us this afternoon, but it did get miserably humid and quite warm, so I turned on the AC for about an hour.  It's been a weird autumn for sure, and now winter is here and it's...still in the 70's.  I hope that doesn't mean it's going to be 12 for January-March.  UGH


Just before the sun came up  That's Ben down there.


The treehouse and lanterns.  :)


SUNRISE!


An hour or so later


Our new baby, Zola.
Not OURS, Amanda's.  But I am still going to spoil her because-baby.


And another hour later.

By 11:30 or so, it was even thicker than this, so we gave up on any sort of clearing off and headed to meet Matt for lunch, and got groceries.  It was all clear in the valley, but just as foggy back home on our mountain.  So the clouds were sitting at about 1500 feet is my professional guess.

Hoping for a peaceful enough night with the weather still not through the area.