Saturday, October 16, 2010

Wade Mountain

Today, after a stop at the library where I managed to snag a book I have already read (grr), we headed to Wade Mountain for a hike.  

We rambled up the side of the mountain to the top and enjoyed the views, the fall colors and hanging out together.  Matt and Jake found several geocaches along the way, too.  I love karst topography, so it was a good day for me all around.

On the way home, the hot now sign was on at Krispy Kreme, so we grabbed a dozen and proceeded to undo the whole 4.5 miles of hiking in about 3 minutes of decadent warm sugary goodness.  Oh, it was SO worth it.  I have not found a KK as good as the one in Savannah that tastes like the doughnuts are cooked in butter, but the North Parkway store is a close second for sure.  

I am not going to battle blogger to get the photos in order, just use your imagination to arrange in some kind of order-or just look at the leaves.