Monday, March 30, 2015

Early Spring

Saturday we headed to Lowe Mill to eat at Happy Tummy and hang out with the Bothwellians.

I had a sandwich I can not remember the name of.  Turkey with spicy strawberry spread and spinach.  I like the Leave Me Provolone (grilled cheese on cranberry bread) but have been TRYING to not eat JUST grilled cheese.  Take today for instance-headed to the park later, I packed spiced tuna quesadillas.  See? Growing.  Also, yesterday, finally bought a quesadilla maker.  I married a man who can not make grilled cheese or quesadillas in a frying pan or electric skillet.  This thing has a light.  Light goes green-it's done.  It's not that he's incompetent in the kitchen (as he does 75% of the cooking), just that he really can't judge when to flip them.  I had a grilled cheese maker and it got dropped and the hinge busted.  *sob*  That was 10 years ago at least.  I have been flying solo since, so it's good to have some cheese melting backup again.

After lunch we walked all three floors of artists at the mill, stopping to look whenever the mood struck.  We planned a hike, but the temps were not going to get above 42 and no one wanted that after a streak of 60 and 70 degree days.  So the mill was a great alternative for hanging out, even if it wasn't really exercise-heavy.

After lunch and a popsicle from Suzy's Pops, we wandered outside and out of the wind and in the sun, it was nice.  So the kids played a while and ran around and the parents sat soaking up the rays.  There may have been truffles involved in the sitting part of the day.



First, Prison Puppy
This may be Nia's new friend. 




Ben really super wants one of these.
And he wants a 7/8 guitar.




Inde took this one!



And these two!


This is Alex's cigarbox guitar.  Ben plays it every chance he gets.  Poor Also Cornbread is so big.
He says he wants one tuned like a uke.



Truffles.  They are SO pretty.


I love this child.


I took a pic so she could see herself, she said, "not so bad" about her caramel chin.
Her truffle was called 'sexyback' and it was a little disconcerting to hear her run around saying she got a sexy back.  I am ever a bit of a prude.



I think I ROCK the Snape Look.
hahahahahahahahaha!


This mural is called (locally) 'Eggbeater Jesus'

Up at Katy's, we (she) made our first aid kits in an Altoid can.


We did not have enough individual Neosporin packets, so Ben helped me make some with straws and a lighter.

Just fill the straw with goo, pinch the end with the pliers and melt closed with a lighter.  





All packed and the exploded view


We still need Tylenol and moleskin.  Those tablets are organic arnica tabs.  Which basically are like taking polite British people for a headache.  "I say.  Would you mind terribly moving along?  It's just that we'd like to get on with the day is all."

I had a Tequila Mockingbird truffle, named for the lime whang.  I have never had tequila, so Kurt gave me some in this TINY champagne glass, which I declared I would never drink out of anything else for the rest of my life.  So, a couple hours later, I had mead in the same glass.  :)  Then water, then Inde saw it and after I washed it, drank chocolate milk out of it and she got a tiny umbrella as well.  


This mead is made and sold in Savannah.


I kept the fire warm while the dads grilled out dinner.



I can nurse a drink!


The dads, kids and Mars went to play Chalk the Corner.  This was all that was left of a huge piece after an hour long game.  

It was getting late, so we did the only logical thing-the dad's drank scotch and Katy shaved Kurt's head.





These are blurry because I could not stop laughing. 



We talked him into keeping the goatee for a little while, though I don't think he loved it as much as the rest of us.

.