Tuesday, April 19, 2016

23/52 Land Trust

Met Karen at the land trust on Monday just after 9 and we put in a good 8 miles of hiking.  We stopped by a noisy little creek and hung hammocks and had lunch, finished up about 2:30.  Ben hung out at Katy's with Alex and Emma the whole day, it worked out beautifully!

We zipped home and picked up Chan, dropped them with Amanda and now I am on my own for 2 days!  I was up at 5:30 to get the house stuff out of the way early so I could do nothing, but the dryer is not heating and so the laundry is piled.  UGH.  I really don't like having dirty clothes around.  It's comically simple to have clean things-barely any actual work.  I don't understand why so many people let it pile up and up, then it becomes a real chore.  But I hate mopping and it's presumably just as easy, so I guess everyone has their thing.  Ugh, mopping. It's only one load behind, so I guess driving to the laundromat is not looming...yet. Matt thinks he can fix it tonight.

And I do know why people hate laundry.  They have too many clothes-the piles get huge and there's no room to put it all away.  Cull, people.  Don't keep stuff that does not fit, doesn't get worn, is only needed 'in case' of some event or isn't loved!  Useful items only.  Suddenly-plenty of space!  And laundry is necessary because there won't be anything to wear after a few days.  *exits soap box*


We hopped on the trail system at the Wildflower trail trailhead at the end of Cleermont.


barred owl!

The dappled light made for some really bad photography, but I loved it anyway.

Tree fort and rope swing.

I call these testicle berries.  But don't google the term, that's not what anyone is talking about.

We took the 3 Cave Quarry Loop

Then the Water Line Trail-it follows the water line straight up Monte Sano mountain.


That really is going uphill



The actual water line!


We took the Annadale Trail off to the left which quickly became the Bluffline Trail.
We took that across the mountain, stopping for lunch near the next junction.



Love the open woods!






The camera was only picking up purple!
I love cocconing myself in the hammock, closing it off and stretching out.  My back pops and my muscles relax and I feel totally refreshed after just a little break.

We hooked up with the old railroad bed trail for a while.





Then we took Alms House and made or way back to the Wildflower Trail 


Saw a really pretty, really big snake!



Back at the wildflower trail again!

At Katy's:

Luna moth nearly unfurled and dry

toad eggs