Monday, September 13, 2010

The Aquarium

The Georgia Aquarium...

Okay, so I bought everything online before we left and did not really research it very well other than finding out we did not need to waste money on the Deepo show and Shark exhibit.

I bought general admission tickets at $26 each for Matt, me and Jake and $19.50 each for Chan and Ben.
Walk-up, they are $27 and $21 each, so a little savings.  Plus, walk-up you can have to wait up to 2 hours to get in, they only sell a certain number of tickets each hour.  Our tickets were for an 11 a.m. entry.

I pre-paid parking at $9, a savings of $1 off just driving up to the garage.  Then found there are multiple lots on the same street for $5 a day.  The aquarium parking was more secure, in a covered deck and about 30 seconds from the stairs, so it was not a TOTAL rip-off. 

I also pre-paid for lunch at $10 each for either a burger and fries, chicken strips and fries or pizza and fries all with fruit and a drink.  I got pizza and saved a whole .45 cents on my combo!  Matt and Jake saved a little more, they had bacon cheeseburgers and fries, that would have been over $10 even without the $1 fruit and $3.75 drink.  The fruit was bad, the apples were mealy and the bananas were black.  Nothing was washed, so we just kind of rubbed the skins with damp paper towels and then tossed them after a bite or two. 

I think we would have been better off buying what we wanted, which was stuffed potatoes for $4.50 each.  Or just skipping lunch because the aquarium is not an all-day thing like I had thought.  3 hours would be plenty of time to see everything.  So we could have saved THAT $50.  In all, it was $181 for the day.  Or, $30 more than a ticket 10 days at Disney World.  If we went back, I would skip the parking deck and the food.

More tomorrow...tired