Tuesday, September 28, 2010

the weekend approacheth

I am so freaking excited about this weekend!  Woot!

Okay, so far I have our reservations made and confirmed, I have fresh bags of food to put in the hoppers for all 3 sets of critters, I had the van checked out this morning and other than the check engine light being back on, it looks to be in good shape.  I have parts ordered to come in next week and a guy lined up to replace the timing belt, spark plugs and wires and I am still debating on the water pump-do it now while he's in there and there's no extra labor charge or wait for it to actually go out?  It's a $150 part.  

That SHOULD fix the engine light, it's a fuel mixture issue and not a mechanical issue.  I have called around not just locally and everyone I explained the problem/diagnosis code to said it was fine to drive for now.  The 'worst case' I have heard is that over a period of a couple years, the catalytic converter would need to be replaced because of the fuel mixture being off.  It has not even affected the gas mileage, I can't find anyone to get excited about a small vacuum leak, so I am slowly calming down about it.  Though I admit, seeing that awful orange light on all the time does a number on my tummy.  : (  I don't want anything wrong with Nettlevan!  I love her.

I have Friday all planned out, Karen is on board, I have everything all worked out in my head.  Eep!  Lots of running around to do that day and still lots to get taken care of beforehand!  I need to air out the camper and get her all cleaned up today, that sun and cool air is inspiring!

We should be eating brick oven pizza for lunch on Saturday and stocking up on herbed flatbread for hiking at our favorite little bakery.  *sigh*  I can hardly wait!