Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Better and Nettlevan

I woke up feeling like I might live after all. 

I have an appointment to get the van's vacuum hoses looked over tomorrow.  There is no way to know if we will find anything that way-or if the hoses are the problem.  But, it's a start.  I wanted to go camping and to Atlanta next weekend and other trips coming up, but not with that check engine light on and not with it being a lean fuel mix.  If left long enough, that would mean having to replace the catalytic converter, which smacks of high dollar signs.

I am currently eating steamed veggies and drinking diet Dr. Pepper  I hope this is the last time I will see them both.  I dropped a full 5 pounds in 2 days, I am at a new low, but I am sure that will change once I am hydrated again.  Doing the kettlebell last week actually added a few pounds, but I can FEEL that it's muscle, so I did not freak.  My upper arms and thighs are much firmer and the muscle in my thighs is more pronounced, I also feel stronger in my back and shoulders.  I don't mind that kind of gain, muscle burns fat.  I am not even close to Matt in his loss, his shorts slide right off his butt, he was lifting something up the other day and they fell right off.  hehehehe!  He recently had to buy smaller underwear and he was wearing the red pair.  It was a great little side show for me.  : D

I was able to keep down 32 ounces of electrolyte stuff last night and slept fairly well all night, I did worry about the van, but such is my nature.  At least I can use that worry to figure out a game plan, I don't just fret in uselessness.  Maybe it's not worry, maybe I should call it...concentrated concern.  Heavy planning.  Weighing options...

Step one, vacuum hose inspection.  Step two, fuel pump and filter replacement (I need to anyway because it's at 100k and several people have said doing such fixed their fuel mix problem) and replacing the water pump and timing belt while I am gouging out the budget, better right here right now than somewhere else some unplanned time with towing and that hassle involved.  Screwing up my trip plans anyhow-budget and timing.  Step 3, not sure yet.  There is something going on with the AC on recycled air, the something motor is not working.  Actuator motor--it needs to be replaced.  It's only a $90 part, but the dash has to come out, so I have avoided thinking about it all summer.  But maybe that needs to be fixed?  Step 4, spark plugs changed out and cleaning the fuel injectors.  I actually put cleaner in there over the weekend, remotely via Matt.  But it was my idea.  LOL  It can't hurt...I hope.

Well, maybe that was not in order, but close enough.  I have a list, by damn.  That goes a LONG way toward making the voices in my head shut up.  Which in turn goes a long way toward taking some of the crazy gleam out of my eyes.