Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hai-ku! (bless you)

Today we did logic and story problems until the kids dissolved into hysterics and logic had flown OUT the window.  Then we had a speed challenge to get all 50 states labeled faster than last week.  Then I did our banking and budget because tomorrow is payday and the kids wrote haiku while I worked on that.

the exploding hat
is really a top hat and
it is flammable

in the mornings I
get up and I make my bed
too warm to do much

cheese can be yummy
unless it expired then
it's not so good.  Blech 

chickens do have tails
they are feathered and fluffy
they aren't prehensile

love together days
even when I don't see you
I know where you are

a number two pen
cil is yellow and long
it is hard too

homeschooling to me
is better than public school
in every way

burdle in the hat
it grants him flying powers
burdles fly!  The end

I think Ben was a little occupied with hats today... : D

I crunched our budget, which was not as painful as usual because...it's 3-paycheck month! Eep!  Georgia Aquarium, here we come!