Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Impending Doom, Things in Bloom

Ah, the storms are on the way.  The chicken houses across the road smell HORRIBLE, the wind is whipping around that stench, can't even breathe out there today. I plugged my nose and ran for the mail.  UGH. Nasty, nasty, nasty.  It smells like yeast mixed with the poop.  The first batch were grown and gone in 6 weeks and he took 2 weeks off between.  They come get them just after midnight and rev and back up the trucks once every 30 seconds, it's LOUD, took 2 nights and is yet another shining example of what a HUGE shithead the guy is.  It's not enough to befoul (literally) the very air we breathe, he's got to throw in noisy nights as well.

The wind is up and everything is whipping around.  The huge pine that looms over the bedroom is scraping along the roof when the wind hits just right.  It's not straight on, it's swirly.  It poured for about 15 seconds and managed to get the whole porch wet, so it must be raining sideways!



It's Groundhog Day, so I fed the cats and moved some firewood.  The traditional GD activities.  Later, I will walk on the treadmill because it keeps raining and then sunning outside and I don't want to go for a walk and end up in Oz.  

This is the type of weather that gets me hyped up for about half an hour, then I just want to sleep. Or...maybe that's the crash because it's 2 in the afternoon and I've only had a protein bar and about 20 sugar snap peas all day.  I'm eating jerky now, that should totally fix it.  No, wait.  Okay, now I am all better.  We made Julilanne taters with cheese.  1 box or the dehydrated kind weighs 4 ounces and has 4 servings, which is good, but it takes too long to cook to make it good for backpacking.  

These are the things in bloom/being green in the yard, February 2, 2016
















Kuma is very against having his photo taken.


We have been eating this (spiderwort) and dandelion and of course sorrel.
Love some greens this time of year, I CRAVE them, I started buying spinach in big bundles so I can have it every single day, I just throw it in soup or eat it raw or toss it in a pan with some butter and wilt it to go on anything else I happen to be eating. I figure there's something I need in there, the way my tummy yells for greeeeeens.