Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blue

(from scienceblog.com) 
“Originally, we all had brown eyes.”

New research shows that people with blue eyes have a single, common ancestor. A team at the University of Copenhagen have tracked down a genetic mutation which took place 6-10,000 years ago and is the cause of the eye colour of all blue-eyed humans alive on the planet today. (end)

We blue and green-eyed people are on the decline.  Only 10% of the population now has a eye color not considered to be a shade of brown. 

I submit the following examples of why the total conversion of our population to all brown eyes is a big deal.
(I took none of these photos, though I sure wish I had at least met Ewan)







Having birthed 2 brown-eyed children and married to a brown-eyed man, I have no actual suggestions or even interest in doing anything about the take-over of brown eyes.  Mainly, just wanted to post pics of pretty, pretty men on my blog.