Tuesday, December 21, 2010

New dishes!


I have wanted to have my 'own' dishes (that *I* picked out) for a few years now.  I have been on the lookout, but...had a hard time finding any that I really liked that were affordable enough that if when one was broken, I would not struggle with the desire to strangle someone I ordinarily would wrestle a bear for. 

I am that way about most things, I can't spend the money, even if I really want it, because it's never been worth the worry between the kids, the pets, the visiting kids, my own clumsy nature...I would rather just have things that function and are not going to cause me stress.

I have had my eye on a similar place setting for a few months, waiting for the right time to snag a few sets.

Last night, we were at World Market and these were on sale at half off.  We picked up 6 settings, thinking we can add red or white solid-colored plates over time to round out the sets.  Or...would that be square out the sets?


SO pretty!  and look, a hidden Mickey!  LOL


The set has a large plate, a small sauce bowl, chopsticks, a holder and a good sized rice bowl.


I love the bright red, it's very pleasant.