Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Valerian Root-2 week update

At this point in time, I can say that Valerian root has made a huge difference, enough so that I plan to never be without it again.  I take 2-3 at night with the melatonin.  I sleep through the night now, I have not slept through  the night more than once or twice since I was in elementary school.  I wake up feeling awake, not groggy-which is another 'thing' about me, I don't wake up pretty or well.  Or, didn't.  

I take 1 at a time, usually with food, during the day if I will be stressed.  It works for good or bad stress, it just takes the tenseness away, nothing at all like antidepressants, which kills every thought in your head.  I think clearly, just don't get worked up or dismissive, which can be just as bad.

I have joined an online list site, remember the milk dot com and had everyone in the house join it.  It e-mails out daily reminders if we have anything we need to go do or take care of at home that day.  I can add things at any time, any of us can.  That fixes any and all 'what's going on' and 'what are we doing today' and is an easy way to remind us what we need to get done on any given day without me listing it off like a drill sergeant.  That has helped with my memory issues, I can jot it when I think of it and it will remind me, I don't walk around thinking there is something I am forgetting as much. 

My next personal goal is to nail this last 5 pounds.  That will give me 25 for the year, I am not sure if I can do it by the end of the year, but that's the plan anyway.  I have not been very well behaved lately, too many goodies and too many cold days that need cookies or brownies or hot cocoa to make them bearable.