Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Wednesday

Not much going on around here, thank goodness!  I love blocks of time without stress or pressure, they seem to be too far apart, but I guess I do have them more than I sit and acknowledge them.

At home, we have been setting up against the cold, getting the animals a cozy place, pulling out heaters and blankets and heavy clothes.  We had already repaired the shed over the summer to keep it nice and cool in there.  For winter, we put heavy plastic flaps over the openings for the dogs and cats to get in and put in 2 big heat lamps.  It's 20-30 degrees warmer in there than outside-plus no wind, we opted to put the pigs in the shed instead of the house for now.  They have a little heat lamp right in their cage, we checked them today and decided it might be too warm in there, they had abandoned their houses and were laying belly-down on the floor of their crate.  Oops.  I took off one of the panels of blankets and plastic wrap to give them some air.

Our haul, pre-World Market!

I loved the colors, had to snap this one going down the road.
We have not done much lately, other than the shopping trip Saturday, I have been home a while.  We have done some math, some science...mostly we have been doing our own thing, just passing the time together.  This morning, I sang about 20 songs trying to get the kids interested in trying out for a musical this coming weekend.  It did not work very well, but I did remember how much I love to belt out a good song at top volume and ran through my John Denver and James Taylor repertoire and everything I knew from various musicals.  We finally hauled out a Christmas carol book and the kids did not know any Christmas songs from it.  We are learning a couple.

The other day, I was playing with natural lighting in here in my room.  Of course the kids were dragged into the experiment!