Friday, January 28, 2011

Lunch 2

Today I hit pretty high on my personal carb scale (aiming for 120 or less a day) eating fruit and yogurt at breakfast, so I was looking for a sensible lunch with some protein.

I found it with chicken broth, cubed tofu and eggs.  I heated the broth, added the tofu and drizzled the raw egg into the hot broth, added some sliced onion and sprinkled the top with chives.  It was delicious!  300 calories, 16 grams of fat, 7 carbs and 25 grams of protein.  And, it was under $5 to make the whole pot, which fed us all easily.

I was at a new low on the scale this morning!  Payday!  : )  I probably set myself back a week at MNO eating brownie AND chocolate malt balls, but only one brownie and only 4 malt balls, so...I am not going to sweat it.  I confessed to fitday, who assured me I was 54 carbs over my hoped-for 120 today.  Ah well. I need more than carrot sticks sometimes.  : )