Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lunch

Since I can't find my newly-beloved Lean Cuisine butternut squash microwave meals at the under $2 price anymore, I was forced today to find a new lunch that still took about 5 minutes to make.  Not because I am pressed for time, but because I am really lazy at lunch and the kitchen is usually clean, I don't want to mess up a bunch of stuff.  The kids eat sandwiches or Campbell's 90% of the time.

I have been back over at fitday for the past week, trying to see what my food balance is like.  I need more protein over-all and I am not getting enough Vitamin A, my week-so-far levels are about 85%.

So, off to the kitchen!  I opened and drained 3 cans of tuna, chopped up 1/4 cup of walnuts and topped it with 4 tablespoons of spinach dip and stirred it up.  While it sat for a few moments, I quartered 3 Roma tomatoes, popped them in a bowl, sprinkled them with a little sea salt and put 1/2 of the tuna mix on top-saved the rest for Matt, he comes in starving.

That's 350 calories (348), 17 grams of fat, 13 carbs and 48 grams of protein.  The tomatoes boosted my Vitamin A intake 33%.  Next time, I will can leave out the walnuts and save 50 calories and 10 grams of fat!  Ack  It is the good kind of fat, at least.  : )

I am down one more pound today, if I don't get to 1500 calories, I don't lose weight, no matter how fancy my footwork.   I am trying for 350-400 calories a meal and then having almond milk, fresh fruits or green goodness for the extra calories.  I have had diet soda once in the last 10 days and have cut back on cheese by 80% and not had any chocolate or butter (or bread, now that I think about it).  I have walked a total of 7 miles, done yoga at least 20 minutes a day and done the kettlebell 3 times.  I wish I were down 10 pounds for the 10 days of effort, but...it's more like 1.5-2 pounds.  With some gains in there as well. 

Still, I FEEL better and that's more than a number on the scale, though I will admit, seeing a lower number now and then feels like a payday.