Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday

Not a bad day at all!  The weather was wonderful, we went to Cullman and walked around the big park and then over to the lake and walked in the woods a while.  Back home, the kids and I cleaned up more brush and Jake dug up a few wild walnut trees that had sprouted in the bulb bed.  We raked and raked and I moved rocks around to reform part of a retaining wall and piled dirt on the high side. 

Matt loaded the drums and headed to a gig, I have Letters to Juliet to watch later on and an interesting forensics novel I am just getting into laying on the bed.  I have had a hot shower and a good-for-me meal, feeling pretty fine all the way around today.  : )  

I had my weekly diet drink this afternoon at the park to help chase away a headache I was getting.  It worked, but it was like drinking a chemical mix!  I did not want it at all.  That's good, I had harbored the feeling that I was not doing as well as I could last year with being able to give up so much, but somehow not the diet sodas.  After a couple weeks of water, fruits and whole grains, when I eat or drink something with several additives or preservatives, I feel icky.  

I feel SO good these days, even when I am tired or something's bugging me, I still FEEL good, my body feels stronger and my brain is more clear. I am loving that!