Monday, May 9, 2011

Camping Countdown!

Just days away from our summer kick-off camping trip!  I am so excited, despite the good chance of rain the first few days.

I have my countdown list up and activated.  Since this is our first trip of the year, we spent the morning setting up the tables and chairs and scrubbing them down and also cleaning the sand toys and the inflatables.

We have been sorting through things-books and movies and art supplies, games, notebooks, flashlights...making sure everything we plan to bring is in good working order.  It's so tempting to throw in everything, but I know from experience, we won't use half of what I bring.  Even with my careful lists, I will overpack and there will be a whole Rubbermaid bin that gets shuffled around all week because it's forever in the way.

I can't wait!!

Here is a .gif I made of what I think the weekend will be like:


Just in time to incur my lust, the new Camping World sale catalog came in today.  Normally, I can skim and resist, as Poppy is pretty little and 95% of their goods are for grown-up campers that have places for accessories or systems that need tending.  But I do admit, there's something about the solar panels. And of course their pet section is ALL about the pocket dogs with tiny hammock beds and bone shaped towels and little play yards.

What I would really like is a patty o'room screened in patio room that hangs from my awning.  But...I think I can make my own screened room for less than $600. 

I still need to get groceries and run to the library for dvds and books on cd and books for reading.  Need to get the oil changed and replace my headlight and I bought a new air hose, though the last silicone caulking/Gorilla tape effort on the old air hose has kept the check engine light off for a month now.  I need to get the stepladder and the broom into the camper and load up tables and chairs when they dry out.  I need to pack the new huge tarp I bought yesterday and the bungie cords and ropes.  We need 2 more blankets in the camper.  SO much to get done!  Yay!

I have been feeling a little lost the last few weeks, I was telling J I think it's a remnant from that depression earlier in the year.  I can't seem to get interested in actually doing anything.  But camping has always been a high point and a group trip is the best kind.  I hope this trip will sort of put me over on the better side of things.  I have not even picked up my camera in over a week, if that says anything.  And the pics from last weekend's trip are snapshots at best.


Ah well, I have a list and a plan and a trip coming up.