Saturday, May 28, 2011

Class of 2011

My nephew graduated last night.  He heads off to college in Florida this fall...he's only 2.5 years older than Jake.  Eep!

The kids did not want to attend the ceremony, so it was just Daddy and myself, since Matt had to stay home with them-I will leave them home alone to run errands, but not to run to Tennessee...

I started the day with van maintenance-got the brakes and tire pressure checked, got a new tire on the back to replace one that had not held up, got the bushings lubed and that whole shebang cost me $30.  Sometimes I wonder how Mr. Holmes stays in business the way he dotes on me.  Not that I am complaining!  : )  (That's Holmes Tires 256-796-9099!)  I checked the fluids at home and topped off the power steering fluid.


Zep and her friend Jake corner a beetle!


Jake and I went to get the van washed and vacuumed and I bought road trip snacks (whale crackers!) at Dollar General for them for today and I picked up some interior wipes for the van and we wiped it down, looks nice in there!  Picked up pig litter at Shaddix and it was time for me to head out. 

We arrived at Belinda's around 4:45 and were able to chat, Dale told us a series of horrible jokes, I hope he and Matt's dad never get in the same room.  Though...mathematically speaking, I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery than they do of meeting.  That's probably for the best, when I think about it.

When all the food was set out, we got plates and everyone headed off to sit down where they wanted to and eat.  I went to the dining room and Daddy joined me.  Mother came in and then Dale and Belinda.  I am pretty sure I was 12 the last time it was just the 5 of us at a table.  Belinda had Adam's girlfriend take our picture.  I am still trying to work out if I want to see it or not.

We headed out to graduation and it was about what I expected-a parade of total strangers and an Adam.  It was nearly 11 when we left the field where it was held.










My choice of shirts was unfortunate, I was pretty convinced I looked smaller in that top. Hahaha! Though it's not obvious in this shot, I was having a good hair night overall.  Hey. My blog, I get to talk about me.

I got in around 2 and it took a while to fall asleep.  Matt and the kids were up at 6 and out the door just after 6:30, so I got up to see them out.  So far, I have been home alone 90 minutes and have yet to stumble upon anything of particular interest to keep me occupied for the day.  Maybe I should get off the computer...