Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sugar Creek

It's been 2 and a half years since we all headed out to Sugar Creek, we decided it was time to go back.

We got there a little after 11 and hung out, ate and played for several hours.  It had gotten a little crowded and everyone packed up to leave, Chan went home with Keilee for a couple days.  I ended up staying another hour or so to chat with Katy and Sarah, who had gotten there after everyone else.  After our big group cleared out, there were only about 12 people there.

On the way out, we drove through the first creek really fast to make it spray and I soaked my brakes and they made a horrible noise on the way home, scared me half to death.  Hahaha!  They dried out and got quiet again, thank goodness.

As we headed down the road, we played road kill squash-em with a couple of shoes that were laying in the road and when we pulled up at the ice cream place, Heather asked if we had seen Austin's shoes on the way in.  He had put them on the trunk instead of in it and they blew off.  Oops!  

The boys had shakes, I was too hot to want anything.

After we got home, I made dinner and we have snacked some, I guess being in the sun all day finally caught up with me.  Once I got cooled off, I was hungry!




Jake found a rock with a hole in it and kept a watch for magical creatures and fairies.  I am so glad he is still young enough to believe he might see something one day, if he just keeps looking.  I hope he does.




 It was just shy of 100 degrees on this last day of May.  We started making plans for our next group outing-in September.  hahaha!  In the above pic, check out Jake and Em doing the death-stare.  They totally crack me up.





These are nearly all of my favorite people in the world.  What a motley crew!





And Zeppie, of course!  She's a favorite person, too!  : )