Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hartselle Photo Walk


While Chan was at rehearsal, Matt and I took the boys and our cameras and walked around downtown Hartselle.

Dropping Chandler off at the theater with Karen and Keilee to keep an eye out for her!

Ben frames his first shot, me!  I shoot back!




We walked down a few blocks to the Main Street downtown area and proceeded to window shop a while, snapping pics when something struck one of us.  It was more of an exercise for the boys, who are great at pointing out things that interest them, but lack the practice in framing and taking shots.  I had them both use the auto mode so they could focus on composition instead of settings.



















We walked around behind the buildings for more shots.

















I love this old building.  If I could think of something to do with it, I'd buy it!





We saw these two old Chevy trucks and had to stop to get some pics!











Out of interesting things to see, we headed back toward downtown and the depot.












We caught what sunset there was at Earth Park and then headed back to pick up Chandler, taking a few more shots on the way.






We arrived just as rehearsal was over, so that worked out perfectly!
I hope this will be one of many family photo walks!  In all, we walked 3.3 miles!  That was much more fun than the track!