Thursday, August 4, 2011

Road Trip

I just printed my last ticket confirmation, so I feel like it's safe to talk about now.  I did not want to jinx it earlier...

I am flying out on the 3rd of next month to California and will be driving back to Austin with Teresa and then on the 10th, I will fly back to Huntsville from Austin with a stop in Houston.  I have not been to California or Arizona or New Mexico or even Texas before.  We have a few stops planned, plus a day or two in the Austin area.  I hope to get to see the bats emerge from the Congress Street Bridge. 

I am pretty excited, though I don't think it's really sunk in. On the way out, I will fly into North Carolina to change planes and go from there all the way to California, so if we dip into Nevada on the drive, I will be in 7 states in 7 days, get to see the desert, the Pacific Ocean and anything else I can convince her to pull over at.  Roswell, New Mexico is one such place.  hehehe  Carlsbad Caverns, too. 

In all, I will be on 4 planes and I got window seats the whole way, 2 times in front on the wing and 2 times waaaaay in the back behind the wing, 2 on the left side and 2 on the right.  I don't even care if it's cloudy, I love the way it looks above the clouds. 

The last time I was on a plane was when I went to see Jacki in 2006.  That was also the last time I was away from the kids for a whole week.  Matt has a couple of days off that he can spend with them, I am going to try to line up a couple of days with friends in there, but it will be up to Matt to ferry them around.  Something will work out, everything else has fallen into place VERY quickly and easily.  We did not even discuss the idea until 2 days ago.

The tickets were amazingly affordable, Teresa has been really accommodating about my insane requests to stop at dark so I don't miss seeing anything.  We'll see how THAT goes, hahaha.  I can't imagine I will get to see and take pictures of everything I want to.  I have a list, though.  eep.

So, that's what's up over here at the moment!