Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday

All is well in our little corner of the world.  We finished mowing at Judy's last night, our yard will be okay until Friday.  I really hope the riding mower gets repaired.  Adam said a guy was coming and that was easily 6 weeks ago.  With play schedules, Matt's rehearsal and gig schedule and us being back at school, we don't have evenings free like we did-and even when we did, it was a PITA to push mow the whole thing.  It was easier this time, just took a little over 3 hours, of course we have stopped mowing the back at all, so that's been a help on time.

I went to the doctor yesterday and he gave me the speech about my blood sugar count.  Not the one I wanted which was 'that horrid bitch, she totally got that wrong, lets make it say 78!' and not the one I expected which was, 'you are going to die with no feet and totally blind, you candy-mongering diabetic idiot.'  No, I got the, "It's probably wrong and we don't even count them unless you have been following a diet because people eat all kind of crap that sends their counts all over the place.  But let's assume it's right.  Stop eating rice, corn, potatoes and bread.  And don't eat anything fried and keep walking.  Come back in 6 months, let's see where you are."  He was happy with the 30 pounds I dropped since my last visit.  He thinks 30 more and I will be just fine.  Gah, when did I gain 60 pounds? 

Got Jake's name changed legally yesterday.  Now we have to wait for his stuff to come in 2-3 weeks from now so we can go get his permit.  I don't know how I feel about him driving, now that it's upon me.  Scared, mainly.  He is not as cautious or as mortal as the rest of us.

The weather is much improved.  It's so cool at night that we have turned off the AC and opened the windows.  Our electric bill has been lower since we had the unit repaired in May, that's been REALLY nice.  Especially since it's been on 90% of the time this summer.

The best news of all is that Jessie, on her 3rd day of her new hip meds, laid on her back and kicked her legs and barked and then got up and ran and ran.  She ran to Judy's, she ran all over her yard, she ran up and down the road and she wrestled Kuma.  And she's holding that leg like it's supposed to be, it's not at that angle any more.  I was able to brush her back some yesterday, it hurt her before and I quit and she looks mangy now.  We stood and watched her run and laughed and laughed, it was the best thing I could have ever hoped for her.  The meds are $$ a month, but I will find a way to keep  her running.

I am getting ready for my upcoming trip, as much as I can anyway.  When there's no vehicle to service or gear to check, there's not much to do before a trip.  I have a list, I need to get more batteries.  That's about all. 

I am feeling pretty good about things!  Today looks perfect, I feel the need to get out my camera!