Sunday, December 18, 2011

Great weekend!


Had a lovely weekend, Saturday Matt and I spent the day in Huntsville, went hiking at Wade Mountain and picked up groceries.  I played around with some filters with the few shots I took, the one of the double trail is with a Brownie lens filter, the one below is done with a plastic camera, like a toy camera lens.


Even the woods are decorated for the holidays.

Brownie!

Love is all around.


Today is my off day, I don't exercise on Sunday and I eat without much concern about calories.  Last week I was BACK up to a dreaded weight despite my efforts at exercise and eating better.  So, I put away the scale and made a deal with myself to increase my exercise to burn at least 600 calories a day and to try to get at least 1500 calories every day from good foods. 

I hauled out the scale this morning and I am down 5 pounds!  Yay!  That was such a mental boost!  I know it won't be 5 pounds every week, but seeing a big drop made me feel like I am on the right track.  I put the scale away until next Sunday morning.  That daily reckoning was making me a little nuts!

This afternoon, Matt and Jake got up on the roof and re-sealed the chimney, it leaked the last 2 times it rained.  Then they put new fascia boards up sort of willy-nilly because it was getting dark and they opted to put them up where they could without having to stop and cut them to fit.  So there are 2 on the front and one on the side.  hahaha!  It's a start, though.  I am not complaining!  We found out today we have to replace trim on the whole front of the house, that will suck, the boards are 16 feet long, go up 2 stories, have notches every so often to fit over the support beams and have to hold up the edge of the roof.  I am hoping for the week after Christmas to have nothing but mild, sunny and warm days!  We have so much to get done!  I am just glad it's the fascia boards and not the house structure that's falling apart.  I would have no idea where to begin replacing beams and such. 

I am looking forward to this week!  Tomorrow we have a fitness thing for our insurance, I get to walk 3 miles with the fitness chick from Matt's job.  THAT sounds like fun.  Tuesday is our holiday get-together with the Roamies, Wednesday is more fun with friends (and a library visit) and then Friday is Matt's last day at work until next year!