Friday, December 23, 2011

Week-end

Another week whisked by, it's amazing to me sometimes how quickly a series of days can pass.  One more whoosh and it will be another year!



This week went well, on Monday, I went in and had lunch with Matt, then went to have the van looked at by someone who can fix the actuator motor in the AC, which I will need before long!   After that, I went to walk the labyrinth, which I really enjoyed.  It's the first time I went alone.  I need to do more stuff like that by myself....


After work, we met back up and walked the Greenway as part of a fitness event for our insurance.  It IS super annoying to have to have a points system in place, but it's all things we SHOULD be doing anyway.  Keeping a closer eye on nutrition and exercise, being aware of our cholesterol and blood sugar levels...

On Tuesday, everyone came over for lunch and Dirty Santa.  I was worried it was going to just be semi-polite Santa, but there was some action before the end.  Poor Cody, before his number, everyone picked a present and there were only a couple of swipes.  He was dying to go and I was just ahead of him.  I stole a present, that person stole one, who stole one and the last person picked, so he had to wait through 4 moves!  Zachary got a couple bags of candy, which he tucked out of sight behind his back, eyes twinkling with visions of sugar rushes, no doubt.  Then a Nerf gun emerged and he SLAMMED that candy in front of himself and started advertising heavily.  There were some scratch-off lottery tickets that enthralled the younger boys.  The older boys just wanted some meat sticks!

















On Wednesday, we had lunch at Karen's, finally.  We have been trying for at least 5 weeks.
It was a great visit, lots of chatting and the kids played and played and played.  I did not even think about doing a group pic!  Oops!

Red Rover!

Back home on Thursday, we watched the sky get brighter and brighter instead of the actual sunrise.   Then, we experienced a Solstice Miracle in the form of Crabby Kat snuggling with Muta!  Well, snuggle may be too much...more like shared butt warmth.  : )



Today, Matt is home early, with pizza!  He is off until the 3rd!