Saturday, January 28, 2012

Good News Friday

I thought earlier this week that A) I really needed to do a good new Friday update and B) it was going to be hard to find any good news.  Because I am all dramatic that way. 

In no certain order:

I have acquired a decent stack of free blank dvds and cd's.

My printer ink came in and it was only $13 for black and color refills via Amazon.  I have not had ink in 3 months!

The weather, after the storm Sunday night, was great for 3 whole days.  Sunny and warm.

The kids played outside and made some new videos.  Last week I suggested they change their production company to 'Creative Differences Trio', but this week, they worked together a little better.  Chan knows what she's doing, Jake wants full control and Ben is just tired of being discounted because he's the baby.




Suzette came up and dragged me from my funk and made me plan some trips.  She has recently changed around her whole schedule so she can run around with us more.  I was forced to oblige.

Matt had this Friday off work, the new schedule is like having 26 more paid vacation days in a year.  Even the Fridays he has to work, his day is an hour shorter, which is a mental boost there at the end of the week.  We both love the schedule, I am so glad they were able to make it happen this year!

We watched scary movies Wednesday night and while Paranormal Activity 3 had NOTHING to do with the first 2, despite being a prequel, we still squealed between bouts of 'HEY, that's NOT RIGHT!'.  One effect was particularly good...

I slept 2 nights this week!  I think I am on the other side of the not-sleeping issue.

It's going to be TIGHT until April, but I budgeted in paying for Jake's oral surgery by the 15th, so hopefully nothing exciting will happen in March.  For all of February, we have the play.

We spent Friday working on the Volvo and on the roof.  Still have not tackled the chimney issue, but we did re-seal the shingles around two other leaks, both in that valley where the roof was extended.

I finally hit 40 pounds lost.  I did not count it as 'real' until I weighed in twice over 5 days. 

Lunch on Friday! Baby spinach, garbanzo beans, kiwi, avocado and pomegranate seeds.  SO yummy!