Saturday, January 7, 2012

Weekend Again!

It's the first weekend of the new year!  Well, first full weekend anyhow. 

Yesterday was skate day, the kids love skate day.  I don't know if it's the exercise that makes them feel so good or seeing friends or the tiny glass of corn-syrup soda they get for 'free!', but mountains must move in order to keep us from going.  Yesterday (I spelled that yestherday, hahahaha! The ego on SOME people) was double vital because it was the start of Keilee's birthday sleep-over! 






I guess you don't really put the word album ON the album, but...oh well.


We all decided, quite spontaneously, to go to the beach for the weekend and plans were quickly laid.  I did not even consult Matt, so certain he would be up for going.  We came home with Zachary so he could ride down with us and told Matt, who WAS all for going...except for a small matter of a work issue that had to be handled Saturday morning.  It was done by 10, but that would have put us pulling into the campground at sunset, so we made the calls and had to postpone.  I have been playing 'if we were at the beach' with myself all day, though Gina said this morning that she and Cody both were not feeling well, so I think it all worked out for the best. 

The boys had a blast staying up late and giggling until the single-digit hours.  Zachary had gotten to the level of being stupid tired, so everything he said was hilarious...to him.  He would say things like, "Dragons that breathe ice...out their NOSE!" and nearly fall over laughing.  It was like having a 4-foot drunk person, trying to shush him and get him to just lie down for a minute and he'd think of another knee-slapper and the later it got, the funnier it got and I had the giggles myself and it went downhill from there.  Ben finally gave up and just went to bed.  hahaha!

Today, we had a few other plans that fell through one by one as the weather worsened.  We ended up watching a couple shows on Netflix and I ran/walked my 4 miles while Matt made lunch and then he hopped on the treadmill.  My weight is stalled again, 2 pounds from my halfway point-which is where I was November 2 before I yo-yoed 7 pounds and I have been here for 3 weeks.  I weigh again in the morning, I am hoping for something new!  Lower, new.  LOL, NOT higher, that would suck.  Matt decided to start losing weight at the first of the year and he's dropped 6 pounds the first week.  Some things are just so wrong, there's simply no way to justify them.