Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mid-Week

Play rehearsals are underway!  According to reports, Jake did very well as Uncle Henry Monday night.  The theater space is not heated for rehearsals, it was 35 degrees out and I am nursing a head cold.  I opted to miss that hour of practice...it was just blocking for the most part.

I have hit my 3.6 miles every day this year, plus the last 3 weeks of last year, so that's 25 days so far!  I bought compression shorts and a couple new running bras to make running easier.  The XL is too loose but an L is too tight.  I need a medium XL.  When I was growing up, the stove had low, medium, medium high and high.  I cooked everything on medium high, convinced that it was a combo of medium and high and therefore hotter. 

This total lack of thinking things through has never left me, just yesterday I sneezed about 30 times when I first woke up, then I picked up Matt's glasses and put them on and immediately thought I had sneezed my eyeballs into a new configuration.  THAT occurred to me before 'these are bigger and heavier and I can't see through them, must be Matt's' did.


Yesterday our new Sierra Club US map came in, since I already have 4 of them, Ben and I opted to mark our route on the new one. 


 

We are both a little bummed we are not getting any closer to Salt Lake City than we are.  But Matt flies home from Denver, so we have to get over there to get him back to work.

Speaking of Matt, we had car drama this week, the Volvo is limping along on a patched radiator until we can get that replaced.  His brakes need to be replaced, too.  Jake has oral surgery in a few weeks and so on.  We could use a cash infusion around about now, but it seems like everyone could.  Christmas ads on the radio are being replaced with check into cash ads and promises to give great deals to anyone who brings in their W-2 forms from various car lots.  I am glad we don't have to go that route, we just have to budget it in and deal with it.  It's non-optional, anyway, which makes it go both ways in my head.  It's nothing I would choose to spend money on, but having Matt's car fly into the back of another vehicle or have Jake's wisdom teeth screw up his straightened teeth are things I will pay to avoid!  What's that called?  Preemptive spending?  Preventive?  Proactive?  I am feeling a P word at any rate.  OH! I know, Poor!  LOL! 

Ah, it will all work out, things always do.  We are snug at home today, paycheck comes in tomorrow, I am the only one who is sick and that's mild enough to merely be an annoyance.  Over-all everything is just fine.